bitbol

Friday, July 6, 2007

Collection: Friday, July 6

Today's round-up grew a bit:
  • A new poll shows that a majority (54%) of americans favor impeachment of Dick Cheney. There is even a site that has video evidence for Cheney's impeachment (link: site auto-plays video).
  • Why the cable industry sucks: companies are blame CableCARD for an upcoming rate hike. They say that it would simply cost too much. I don't know how much the CableCARD even matters, but I don't like how cable companies have such a lock-in (read: get service from them or not at all).
  • Toledo cops sell out their cruisers for $15,000. I think this is a wise idea for side-stepping the costs, but I don't trust cops enough to feel that this is right. I can see a CEO being pulled over and declaring that he should not get a ticket because he helped finance that officer's car.
  • There was a case similar to Libby's where Bush did just the opposite as he did the other day. Foul play? Surely.
  • Fox News reports that Universal healthcare is breeding grounds for terrorists. I think that Fox's viewership is the 20% mentioned in my post yesterday (point two).
  • Rupert Murdoch has bought Dow Jones. Part of the deal is a legally-enforceable agreement that the WSJ will remain independent in it's reporting.
Goodbye New York. Tomorrow morning I leave the city. When I have time, I'm going to write a post about all of the things that I saw/learned/etc in New York.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:

WTF? Faux News will take any random thing they don't like and call it a "breeding ground for terrorists".

BTW, I was born and grew up in NYC, but it's my least favorite place (except for LA). The last time I was there was for my father's funeral in 1991 and a friend's concert in 2000.
By Blogger mike3k, at 7/07/2007 12:13:00 AM
For me, it may just be the city-atmosphere more than the fact that it is New York. Where I live right now, the (small) city is empty at 9pm. I like activity at night. I guess that any place with activity is a place I wouldn't mind being. Any particular reason you don't care for NYC?
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/07/2007 07:34:00 AM
I don't like the filth and the basic attitude of the people.

I really love Vancouver, where I'll be going next week. Downtown Vancouver has all of the excitement of New York, but it's a lot easier to get around and the people are a lot nicer. It has a much more international feel than NYC or any other city I know.

I've thought of moving there, but it'll be too much trouble & too expensive, plus all of my friends are in Florida and I don't want to sell my home.
By Blogger mike3k, at 7/08/2007 11:26:00 AM
Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President