bitbol

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Collection: Thursday, July 5

Politics. The more you know, the more you despise the general public:
  • The White House lip-mover (Tony Snow) said today that Bush's commutation of Libby's sentence was "what he does normally." Yes, ignoring the supreme court and protecting political allies, however corrupt, is what Bush normally does.
  • Oh, but the grand-daddy of them all: 1 in 5 americans believe that the sun revolves around the earth. This makes me think, there should be some basic questions on the ballot similar to this. If someone doesn't even know that the earth does the revolving, their vote should not be counted. We need not just voters, but educated voters. How many people go to the polls and vote by the name of the candidate, not what they actually know about them?
Sadly, I only have one more day in New York, then I am heading off to see the rest of my relatives. I'm going to miss New York and all the fun I had this year.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President