bitbol

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Collection: Friday, July 13

Round-up:
  • Google is being sued for their use of sponsored links. From what I can tell, it is a suit that should not even exist. Perhaps I am missing details, but there are two ways that the "problem" occurred. The first is that a company googlebombed the competition to get their name first. The other is that people are too stupid to know what the "sponsored links" box is. I bet on the latter. As far as I can tell, Google isn't even involved in the conflict (other than the search result).
  • What Google is involved in is a matter of comedy. Google wrote a bad check. An Adsense publisher found that the check bounced when trying to cash it- not what you would expect from a billion dollar company. The publisher also reached phone hell in Google's computer handling of calls.
  • Police brutality on video. While I don't approve of what the fans did in this video, I don't blame them. Police these days seems to believe that they can do anything. If they officers had simply carried the man off the field, everything would have been avoided, but they repeatedly hit the man with the nightstaffs (of all things). There was no reason for what they did.
  • The republicans are not big fans of civil rights.
  • Edwards: Bush's remarks border delusional.
  • Optimum copyright period, as determined by economics: 14 years.
I have a feeling that I am going to be busy this summer.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President