bitbol

Monday, October 9, 2006

I'm appalled, Google does buy YouTube

I was set in my thinking that there is no way that Google could possibly want to buyout YouTube, but I was apparently wrong. The news says the deal was made at $1.65 billion.

What the hell was Google thinking. Sure, it will give them the advantage over others in terms of online video, but you know it is possible to not be the top in something. After this particular decision, I am starting to feel that Google is trying to do way too much, and that they may actually become their own demise. They have now just opened themselves to a slew of lawsuits. The only way they can get anywhere with YouTube is if the do a complete redo of the site, removing copyright infringement, which could quite possibly kill the popularity. This seems like a stupid decision.

Labels: , , ,


7:04 PM | Posted by mike | 0 comments posted below

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President