With the elections coming up, there is a list of things that republicans want you to forget when you go to vote. I think that it is a very well made list, but the intro is better:
When you go to the polls on November 7th, 2006, don’t forget what the Republicans have been doing to you and your family for the past six years.Some of the highlights from the list:
It’s easy to get distracted in our attention deficit disorder world. We need a pill to help us focus, another to keep us sane, some to raise our level of arousal and others to put us to bed at night.[...]
- Republicans want you to forget that when the Army Chief of Staff Eric Shinseki suggested that “several hundred thousand troops”would be needed to stabilize and occupy a country the size of Iraq, President Bush and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld both derided the Army Chief of Staff. His reward for his honesty? They let him go.
- Republicans want you to forget that they inherited the biggest surplus in the history of the United States when they assumed control of all three branches of the United States government in 2000 when they took power, and turned it into the largest deficit in the history of the United States.
- Republicans want you to forget that a Republican President has started every war since WW2. If they can’t find enemies, they just pick a noun (drugs, terror).
- Republicans want you to forget that they have people in their party who solicit sex from underage boys – and when they get caught, they just quit and oh darn, Congress has no authority over private citizens so now Mark Foley cannot be prosecuted.
- Republicans want you to forget that even though you are not making record profits, oil companies are.