bitbol

Thursday, November 2, 2006

Google reader is lackluster

Google reader, while I respect its capabilities, is still fairly bare. For all of the many features that it does have, there are still plenty that are missing.

The first, and perhaps one of the most annoying is the fact that when you add a new feed, it gives you no options for labeling that feed in any way. In order to do so, you must enter the settings page, find the feed, and then label it. Even then, there is no easy way to create a new label, which requires you to jump hoops in order to create one.

The second most annoying thing is how it will only count the number of items up to one hundred. Beyond that, it simply says "100+", which is rather annoying as it gives me now way to set a reasonable amount of time to get through them all. I know that they are capable of counting them all, why don't they?

The last, only gets my once and a while, and once every twenty items. I get very annoyed at waiting for the reader to loading additional items. I would prefer that it didn't wait for me to reach the last item before loading more. It would be preferable if it would sense that you were within two or three from the bottom and load the extras as to prepare.

Labels:


4:52 PM | Posted by mike | 0 comments posted below

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President