bitbol

Friday, June 22, 2007

Collection: Friday, June 22

I really don't have time to do full posts at the moment. For the next couple weeks, I will do "collections" where I will do short commentary on some of the stories that I was reading that day. Here is today's:
  • VP Cheney is still trying to keep his office sealed. Cheney is the puppet master behind the war, and he is still to be held accountable. His handling of affairs is despicable.
  • Congress has an approval rating lower than Bush (!). An analysis of congress has revealed some of the biggest pricks in congress. Dick Cheney shares a position on this list with a KKK member.
  • PCWorld has done a survey to find that best and worst ISPs. On the list, Charter, my ISP, places dead last. I wholeheartedly agree with that rating. The only reason they get our money is because there is no other high-speed option.
  • Congress has voted to raise the fuel economy standard to 35 MPG. Automakers are given until 2020 to meet the standard. My estimate is that they will go until 2018 before anything is really done about it.
  • Presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani didn't do much for the Iraq Study Group. Giuliani would rather make money doing motivational speeches. I find it disgusting that this man raked in $200,000 doing these speeches. He was supposed to be serving the people, and here he was serving his pocketbook.
  • Bush's approval rating is now down to 26 percent.
  • Bush vetoed the most recent stem-cell research bill, without even reading it. The newest bill allowed embryos that would otherwise be destroyed to be used for research. Bush's speech made it apparent that he did not read the full text. I don't even understand what this man could possibly be thinking. How much could you advance science if he would step aside from his precious religion and look at reality.
Tomorrow, I am going to be in NYC. I have no idea how much access I will have to the internet.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Comments:

I just can't see Bush on TV or in the newspaper without cursing out loud. I also often find myself cursing out loud at the letters to the editors of my local newspaper, which always seem to accuse everything they don't like of being left-wing.
By Blogger mike3k, at 6/23/2007 11:25:00 AM
Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President