bitbol

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Put a speed limit on the autobahn?

Germany is know for the autobahn. There are some environmentalist groups that say there should be a speed limit on the autobahn. The group asserts that because high speeds waste energy and burn more fuel, there should be a speed cap. From the article:
The poll for ZDF television published on Friday showed 54 percent of Germans favor a speed limit of 130 kph (80 mph) while another 10 percent would like a limit below that level. Some 35 percent said they did not want any speed limit.
Wait; did they say a limit of 80mph? I would love it if the roads in the US had speed limits that fast. Michigan, the highest posted that I have seen is 70mph, and in on the Ohio Pike it is only 65mph. The fastest in my area is 55mph for most roads. I have gone up to 70mph, but that is only in more remote areas. I would love to take my parents' Audi A6 up to 80 or 90mph. One thing on my list of things to do before I die is to drive the autobahn at over 100mph.

Labels: ,


7:02 PM | Posted by mike | 0 comments posted below

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President