bitbol

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vista is not in demand; Dell revives XP

[Image: Microsoft logo]Dell is bringing back Windows XP by demand from consumers. Perhaps they are just now seeing that Vista is not selling and people would rather have a compatible system (XP) than a pretty, unusable system (Vista). I tried looking for the XP options, but haven't seen them on Dell' site yet.

Because of all of the issues with Vista, I personally refuse to even touch it. I have looked at display models in Best Buy, and there is nothing new (to me anyhow). The only changes are cosmetic, and most of the changes only make things more complicated than they need to be. Besides, there is too much dictation of what can and cannot be done with the computer. I prefer being able to use my own computer, and that is why I have drifted to Linux.

Labels: , , ,


8:59 PM | Posted by mike | 1 comments posted below

Comments:

Did you see that Mike Dell runs Linux on his own laptop?

It's listed on an official Dell page about Michael Dell's own computers:
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/biographies/en/msd_computers?c=us&l=en&s=corp
By Blogger mike3k, at 4/19/2007 09:41:00 PM
Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President