bitbol

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Dell makes low quality laptops

[Image: Dell logo]I just sent in my laptop for the second time. It's only been two months since I last sent it in. Last time, the charger had a bad connection and would only charge some times, but now it doesn't charge at all.

Right now I am stuck to using the family computer, which is somewhat inconvenient for me to use. I really need to get a new computer, then I can finally finish my Linux/Fedora Core review. I also want to try going to Best Buy to look, and when they ask what kind of computer I want, tell them "something without Vista" since they only carry Vista, just for shits and giggles.

Labels: ,

Comments:

I've tried asking for computers without Windows in Best Buy & Office Depot a few times. The sales guy looks at me like I'm an alien and one said "go to CompUSA and buy a Mac".

The next computer I buy will probably be from System76, since they come with Ubuntu installed.
By Blogger Mike, at 3/14/2007 08:21:00 PM
Just looked at the computers at System76. The boxes look much nicer than what dell and hp offer, but flipping through some of the computers, the are a bit pricier than I am looking for (under $500). Also, I would personally prefer using Fedora core instead of Ubuntu

After I get a nice computer, I have a monitor in mind that looks nice (22" widescreen).
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2007 08:31:00 PM
Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President