bitbol

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ballmer: Linux and intellectual property

[Image: Microsoft logo]Steve Ballmer is at it again, blaming Linux for violating intellectual property rights. He claims that Linux infringes on patents, but no patents have been named. I consider Ballmer a babbling moron for the following statement:
"But I don't want to eliminate in your minds the notions of risk of pricing that comes from competition with open source. We are higher-priced, but we bring greater value," he added.
Yes, that is true if "greater value" means having your computer lock you out when it thinks you are pirating software or presents you with annoying warnings every thirty seconds. Yes I see the "value" in that. I also know that this "value" is the reason that I will install Linux on my next computer, not Vista.

Labels: , , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President