Dell wants to know what their customers think that they should do. They have just launched a site where you can vote for ideas you want to see in digg style. Here are some of the top ideas (highlights):
- Pre-installed Linux distro - Get a computer preloaded with a particular Linux distro, instead of Windows.
- No packaged software - Get rid of things like "AOL Free Trial" and everything else you uninstall upon first boot (this comes twice).
- OpenOffice - Ship with the open source office suit.
- No India - Do away with overseas tech support (this comes twice).
- New design - Dell computer are ugly. My family's computer is inside a cabinet because no one wants to see it.