The Bush administration has wasted $456 billion on the Iraq War. No Americans will ever see any of that. Boston.com has a slideshow on what the money could have done, which is slightly different from a previous post with the same idea. Granted that this is from Boston, some are geared toward Boston. On the list:
- 2,949 Newton North High Schools - the most expensive in Mass.
- 30 Big Digs - the expansive tunnel system under Boston.
- Free gas for 1.2 years - instead of fighting over it, just buy it.
- Convert to ethanol - using only 15% of the money.
- 14.5 million years of Harvard education - "No child left behind."
- 1 year of Medicare benefits
- Baseball contract for 52,615 years at $52 million
- Feed & educate the poor for 5.5 years