bitbol

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Computers to drool for

[Image: Al Gore's triple head computer]
Digg, a community comprised of tech savvy individuals, has recently gone nuts for monitors. It started with Al Gore's triple head Mac setup in TIME magazine. Then again today, where there was a blog post on more awesome Mac setups.

All this got me to thinking about myself. Since I have little intention of working on any type of online work, only to have it disrupted by school, I am holding off on any new computer. But when I do, here's what's going to happen:

[Image: Macbook Pro]Apple: This will likely be the first computer I will be getting, and it won't happen until next summer when I get it on my way to college. It will be a Macbook (possibly Pro). I will need it for the portability, as well as music.

I was just talking to one of my friends today, and she said that "once you go Mac, you don't go back." Apart from windows users not understanding the OSX interface, I have never heard anything bad about Apple computers.

PC: This one has room to sway. Right now I am planning a second computer to be a Linux computer, with Dell hardware, but this can change if I fall in love with the Macs, where I might just beef up the displays. Going on the Linux plan, it will be at least a dual head system, and each of the monitors would be a 22-inch widescreen. If it were to end up being a Mac, it would be like Nate Whitehill's, where the laptop would power the monitor:
[Image: Nate's workstation]

Everything could change with time. I'm looking at trying to have two computers while in college. Right now, I am trying to find a way to add a second monitor to the family desktop that I use now, but it might obstruct the TV right next to it; there is a delicate balance. I also need to find drivers for the monitor, which is hard because it is somewhat dated.

Labels: , , ,


8:41 PM | Posted by mike | 0 comments posted below

Comments:

Post a Comment

Barack Obama for President